Just thinking about Christmas Day exhausts me months in advance! Since Michael and I started "seriously" dating, we have seen all sets of parents over Christmas thus far. Being Mason's 1st Christmas, we wanted him to see everyone, and vice versa. Mark my words.... this is the last year of this nonsense!
Next year we are hoping to have our house done (well, done enough) to have the family come to us. Here is a run down of our Christmas Day:
Wake up at 6:30, feed Mason, make much needed coffee
drink coffee, open stockings, watch Mason open gifts (which really consists of crinkling all of the wrapping paper!)
Mike showers
I shower
Out the door by 9'ish
Arrive at Grandma Linda's by 9:30, where we proceed to gorge ourselves with sweet rolls, cinnamon rolls, bacon, french toast, guava juice......
open gifts
open more gifts
1:30 pack it all up and drive to Longview
2:45 arrive at my Dad's house
sit, visit, open gifts, take pictures
3:45 take the 5 minute drive to my mom & Gary's ( I know, how funny that they live that close, huh??)
eat some more
open more gifts, take some more photos... well, you get the point
7:45 pm.... we are on our way back home..... our poor dogs have been home alone all day!
Regardless, we had a great Holiday, and love seeing all of our family. I am thankful for the hour nap that I get from Lake Oswego to Longview!


1 comment:
This is too funny, because we did the EXACT same thing on Em's first Christmas, except that it involved four cities across the state! ;) We vowed to NEVER do it again, and haven't since! We stay home on Christmas and everyone is welcome if they want to come! So much better for the kids!
Post a Comment