Sunday, May 10, 2009

A much needed girls night.....


Last night I had the wonderful opportunity to spend the evening with a wonderful group of gals that I met through my husband Michael. They are the wives of his fraternity brothers from U of O. Ali hosted at her house, which was awesome, because I had not met Leo yet. Leo is Ali & Joe's humongous great Dane. He is just shy of a year old, and over 100 pounds! He is darling and very well behaved. Anyhow, Ali, Beth, Lizzy (who is 8 months pregnant!), Eliza and I all gathered to watch Marley & Me. I cannot tell you the last time that I was out of my house past 8 o'clock, so needless to say I was quite excited to sit, eat some popcorn, have a glass of wine, and not have to listen for Mason! My darling husband took that duty for that night, I guess an early Mother's Day present! All of us watching the movie have at least one dog, so it was a great movie selection (thanks, Beth!). Eliza fell asleep, but that is well deserved as she is sleep deprived due to having a 9 month old, and she had already seen the movie. The rest of us? We made it through the movie... and a whole box of tissue. Wow. Great movie, but there is just something about dogs..... when I got home I made sure to give both of my dogs a big doggie hug and kiss. It was a good reminder of how much love they constantly give without asking for much in return (I am almost tearing up as I write this!)

I am so thankful for this awesome group of girls that I've met, and look forward for our next get together. What a great start to Mothers Day......

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Im jelouse! Where is my group of girlfriends to escape! Im still watching this movie on my Ipod while I work out and it doesn't look cool when I tear up on the treadmill!

Lizzy said...

I love you Karri!!

xoxoxo