Friday, November 6, 2009

Who knew?

As I had previously published, I am on this elimination diet. Egg whites and yolks showed up and have honestly been my biggest struggle. I had bought an egg replacer at Bob's, only to discover that it contains soy and gluten! Gluten is very hard on my system, resulting in almost immediate migraine.
Anywhoo, I had another Dr. appt yesterday (LOVE my naturopath), she is always experimenting with recipes to pass on to her clients. She opened my eyes to SO MANY egg alternatives! 1/4 cup applesauce, half of a banana, and flaxseed meal mixed with water! I would have NEVER discovered this on my own. I am not what you'd call a "research expert". I find google finding quite overwhelming.
Anyhow, depending on what you are baking, these have opened up so many doors for me. Things are looking up....
As a plus, I did drop 3 pounds in 1 week from being on this diet. Mainly because I had no idea what to eat!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Would love to know which sites you go to, to get good recipes. I like to eat gluten free as much as possible but it's hard.