Sunday, May 2, 2010

Parades, maple bars, clams, oh my!


This weekend Mason and I went to Astoria/Long Beach with my sister Em for Long Beach's annual Loyalty Day Parade. Mike stayed home to refinish our upstairs fir floors. Not sure who had more fun?
Saturday was the kids parade in Ilwaco. I am still not sure what Mason thought about it! He just stared and then stared some more. We visited the most awesome place in Long Beach~ The Cottage Bakery. Home of the most outstanding maple bar you'll ever eat. Mason was in desperate need of a nap after all of that, so Em and I took a little scenic drive.... saw the house that we lived in when she was born (um, it's seen better days!) and had fun reminiscing.
The big parade was today (Sunday), which also happened to be a clam digging day. Emilee really wanted to go, and Dad was already going, so we went to the beach instead. Of course Mason had fun, and I guess Em had "fun" getting soaked and digging around in the sand. I am not a fan of the clams, and haven't dug for one in over 15 years. Not my bag, thank you.

All in all, was a great weekend, saw LOTS of old friends and their darling children..... can't wait to go back in June-TWICE! Lucky me :)

No comments: