Monday, December 8, 2008

The Biggest Loser..

Michael and I have been watching The Biggest Loser faithfully this year... mostly due to the horrific woman we have come to know as Vicky. She is just terrible! Poor sportsmanship, catty, immature.... the list goes on and on. Well, last week she kind of fell apart and lost a challenge. I wish I could say that I felt sorry for her, but I would be lying. I don't think that Michael and I have ever agreed on something like this before.

We did, however, find a silver lining in the show. Heba and Ed prepared Turkey Thai Wraps for Bob.... and they looked good. Michael made them last night and they were just as good as they looked! So, I've decided to pass on the goods, hopefully the recipe copies correctly!
    Ingredients
  • 1.25 lbs Jennie-O Extra Lean ground turkey (1 package)
  • 1 head of Boston leaf lettuce
  • 1 carrot, peeled and minced
  • 1 clove of garlic, chopped
  • 1 tsp fresh ginger, minced
  • Juice of four limes
  • 2 tsp Sriacha chili sauce (tsp! not tbsp! HOT, HOT!)
  • 1/2 bunch cilantro, chopped
  • 1 bunch green onions, chopped
  • Garnish:
  • 1 red pepper, minced
  • 1/2 cucumber, deseeded and julienned
  • 2 tbsp roasted cashews, chopped (we bought cashews, and have yet to find them....)
    Directions
  1. Cook turkey in skillet till no longer pink, then transfer to a dish and cool in refrigerator. Remove core from head of lettuce, then wash and dry leaves. Combine next 7 ingredients (carrots through green onions) in a bowl, then stir in cooked and chilled Jennie-O turkey. Arrange lettuce leaves on the outer rim of a serving plate. Spoon turkey mixture onto the center of each lettuce leaf to create wraps. Garnish with peppers, cucumber and cashews.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

ok..I am going to expect this cooked for me next time I come to visit..sounds yummy!!!

Lizzy said...

I hate her! Game playing my toush... she's just mean. Plus, she was such an ugly loser after Brady went home. Plus, did you see her this week? She didn't seem to care at all that her daughter is overweight. She didn't seem to have a plan at ALL to keep the weight off once she went home. She just wants to win. I hope Michelle wins the whole thing. I love underdogs :)