On another note, our garden has gone WILD with this influx of hot weather! Our strawberries peaked, and I think Mason ate every.single.one. We will be adding more for next year, as I think Michael felt a little put out for having to share so many. The raspberries are yummy, and I think that next year we should have enough to make jam, especially after we add the marionberry shoots that my Grandma is giving us this fall. I've never made jam, so it shall be interesting. For that matter, I've never wanted to make jam, but suddenly I do! Anyhow, the cilantro went crazy, so I made enough salsa to feed a small village! We have had quite a few quesadillas lately......
Anyhow, I have never gardened in my life, so I am happy that Michael has opened my eyes to it!


2 comments:
Oh man I'm so already over trying to teach T the concept of "gentle" as he grabs Max's hair with all his might, gracious, just listen!! Lol!
I'm stoked to hear about your garden! We have about a month shorter season over here so am jealous to hear of your berries, but I have swiss chard, borage flowers & lettuce already coming out my nose! Rich too turned me on to gardening about 4 years ago when we started ours. It's so...1800's! I love it! We should meet up half way & have a garden picnic. What days do you have off?
I'm with Michael... don't like sharing my precious berries at all, but there they go, running and shouting, "Berries!" (Jack) & "Beeeees!" (Katie) and gobbling them up before I can even step foot out the door. Sigh.
As for making jam, please call me if you need moral support.
Post a Comment