First off, I apologize for not blogging in such a long time... and 2nd, I apologize for this first blog back.. which is going to consist only of my complaining. Don't say that I didn't warn you.
I've complained of my extremely annoying headaches before. Last update was probably about trying medication from a neurologist. Well, that worked for about a month... every time we increased the dosage (Topomax is what I'm referring to), I seemed to acclimate to it and ended up right back where I was before.... on average, 5 headaches per week. Sucky. I have never been opposed to naturopathic care per se, but insurance usually doesn't cover nearly as much as the ol' Western Medicine Doctor. Well, our new insurance plan happens to be a bit better, so I decided to try this again. Yes, I've tried before, but ended up pregnant with Mason (nothing to do with the doctor!), and had no headaches, so obviously I stopped treatment.
Anyhow, to bring you current, here is what I've had done. Electro-acupuncture testing. This "tool" is to test for allergies... and 70% accurate. I have to admit, I put this off for a good month after seeing my new naturopath. Why, you ask? Keep reading and you will understand my fear.
So, what is Karri allergic to? More like what am I NOT allergic to... here is a small taste:
Peanut oil (buh-bye, peanut butter!)
Wheat
Gluten
Eggs (seriously?? WTF)
white potatoes (sweet potatoes are fine... thank God)
Tuna (don't much care)
Any dairy made from a COW. Yes, anything.
Corn
White sugar
Spelt
Barley
Oats
Soy
Rye
*Sigh* I have been pretty much gluten, as much as possible for a few months. But, being that my Gluten free peanut butter contains peanut oil, it wasn't doing me any favors.
I had a meltdown yesterday. Complete and total meltdown. I want bread. I really want bread. I am trying to remind myself of the positive side, and hopefully I will find relief from this headache hell that I've been in for way too long. I can still have coffee, wine and cheeses made from sheep and goats. Awesome.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
Oh wow. I'm so sorry that you are going to have to change up the diet in such a drastic manner. I hope you are able to adjust and find what works for you... I had to totally change my diet after having my gall bladder removed, but nowhere near the list you have in front of you. Best of luck to you!
Oh Karri, I'm so sorry. That's awful. Have you considered doing traditional allergy testing to confirm your results? I would hate for you to be struggling to cut something out of your diet that was wrong - since it's 70 percent. Maybe it would cut your list down? One could hope??? I'm so so sorry...makes you wonder if the headaches would be worth fighting to eat normal!!! I know what you're going through with those. Before kids I had migraines about 5 days a week, too. It's a nightmare. Hang in there.
Good grief, girl! Its hard to imagine a diet that eliminates everything on your list! Hang in there... Have you tried almond butter? I just bought a jar, because peanut butter, no matter how much I love it, makes my tummy feel yucky.
Post a Comment