Sunday, January 24, 2010

Paint, glorious paint!


We have finally reached the part of the remodel that actually matters to me.... paint! I admit, during the "behind the scenes" phase, I couldn't begin to explain to you what was happening in this house, except that we had our contractor and an assortment of others coming in and out, disrupting daily life, and my husband's face had started to become a blurry memory! But, now that the drywall is done, life is fabulous. Now we finish painting so that the electrician can come back and finish all of the light switches and electrical outlets!
As I write this, Mike is putting the 2nd coat of Pistachio Lime Beans on our 2nd level bathroom wall. We will be tiling the 3x3 shower with white subway tile, and have white hexagon tile on the floor, I think the green will look fantastic amongst all of the white. I must say, painting in an area where the floors are not finished is wonderful. Not worrying about spilling or getting the roller too close to the floor made it a much more enjoyable experience! Mike did the 1st coat on the ceilings last night, and this week we will also start on Mason's bedroom, a beautiful shade of blue called Coast. Paint color can be quite difficult, but luckily Mike and I have similar taste, and agree on most colors. The green and blue are from the Devine Color Collection at Miller Paint.
The hallway and stairway will be a lovely shade called Jute. Thanks to our friends, the Baileys who remodeled their house a few years ago for introducing this beauty to us. It resembles putty, and it will represent our 1920's house well. I will post actual pictures once we make more progress!



1 comment:

The Wallers said...

Oh I can't wait to see pictures! I don't think Divine makes a bad paint color, but you chose 2 great ones! I adore green & lots of white. Fantastic!