Friday, April 17, 2009

Gluten Free- Day 6

I didn't post anything sooner as I wasn't sure if I would make it this far. I had been headache free for a couple of weeks when all of a sudden.... 5 day headache hit. Turns out the problem was simply my switching to a generic form of one of my preventive meds for my headaches... problem solved.
What it did make me realize is that I can't rely on medication alone... I truly need to make some changes. I had visited a naturopathic doctor before Mason was even a glint in our eye :) After a series of blood panels he had recommended a diet for me that is basically gluten free. Of course, I thought he was nuts at the time. What I wanted to hear is that he had an easy answer and that I could carry on as is and be cured.... and, 3 years later I am in the same situation, but now I have 13 month old darling that I can barely keep up with on one of my bad days.
So, I started on Sunday... my stomach has had its ups and downs, but it really hasn't been all that bad. Just a few adjustments in the menu. I live by the Waller blog, as Christen has been through this all before and is a great wealth of knowledge. I steal her recipes on a daily basis.
And, just to make life interesting... Mason is getting another tooth this week! We are having a great time together!

No comments: