
Mason and I needed to get out of the house today... so we headed down to the Pearl to enjoy all of the lovely shops. Lucy, Lulumon Athletica, Anthropologie..... I heart Anthropologie. Or I should say I did. I guess I used to love them when I could actually afford to buy anything in the store! It is the most adorable store on the planet. Very shabby chic, romantic clothing...ruffley skirts, aprons, anything you could ever want! Today I went looking for a candle. I found one! Sweet Pea Vanilla. Beautiful candle in a jar, it smelled fabulous, I turned it over to double check the price, assuming it would be around $15-$20 (an acceptable range in my mind). I was SHOCKED to find $36. Seriously? It is WAX! Wax that you will MELT into nothing! What in the sam hell is happening in this world that a candle can cost this much money??? Or, have I simply been on unemployment too long?


3 comments:
I heart all things Anthro. In fact, I tend to border on obsessed. The ONLY, and I mean only, way I can closely afford anything there is by catching a clearance sale. And I'm not talking their online "sales" but in store blowout where everything is marked down. I will hold out hope that the beloved sweet pea candle will be amongst the red-lined sales to come. Now I've rambled too.
I hear you! We often wonder what on earth we did with the money that I made when I worked outside the home.
I love anthropolgie too, but now my favorite store is Goodwill. :)
I absolutely cringe when I think of all the money I used to waste when I was working! I wouldn't bat an eye at that store before!
I will keep searching for a bargain candle!
xoxoxoox
Both of you girls always have such clever ideas, I love both of your blogs!
Post a Comment