
It all started a few months ago. A few harmless moths. How were we to know? Yes, they are annoying, but we didn't think too much further than that. Last night, Mike was digging in our pantry and found moth larvae. Gross. He disposed of all old canned food effected by said larvae, and cleaned the top 2 shelves of the pantry. Problem solved. Oh, how wrong we were to think it would be that easy.
Today, I decide to make the family a yummy little dinner (if good, I will post the recipe)! I decided that a nice side of rice would compliment our dinner. We store some of our 5 bag of rice in a tupperware container. I open it. I find a dead moth right there, on top of the tightly sealed container of rice. I feel like vomiting at this point. I go into crazy mode, digging through every bag of pasta, rice... and finally, my quinoa :( Dirty bastards! They got into everything.... disgusting, slimy, white moth larvae. Mike asks "What about the rest of the 5 lb bag"? Gonner. Complete loss.
I hope this post doesn't leave you thinking that I am a terrible housekeeper. That, I am not. I don't know if this is one of the many joys of living in an old house, or is it just a crazy moth year? Needless to say, our pantry is now more disinfected than it probably needs to be.....


2 comments:
Just reading the title made me throw up in my mouth a little bit.
I love your visual. Haha.
Post a Comment