
Our child has become a bink addict. There is no way around it. We have binks strategically placed around the house, in the cars, etc. It is ridiculous. Well, I have decided that I've had enough of the stress of le bink. Always making sure one is handy, looking under furniture, finding them in the laundry, you name it, bink has been there.
Our plan was to phase him out of daytime bink use, and reserve it only for nap and bedtime. Day 1 was no good and I caved.
Today was day 2. Very interesting development. I explain to Mason after his nap that the bink is to stay in the crib. Out of the crib, no bink. I was happy with myself, and thought "hey, this may not be so bad!" Riiiigggghhhht. Awhile later, Mason goes to the normal bink spot and starts whining. I explain to him again that the bink is to stay in the crib. So, what does my little genius do?? He walks over to the crib and simply says "up". Yes, he wanted in the crib so that he could have his bink, even though he's just woke from a 3 HOUR NAP. So, I put him in the crib, not expecting it to last long. 30 minutes go by and he STILL does not want out of that crib! Oh hell, this is not working the way I'd expected. So, 4 hours later, and 3 trips to the crib, we did stick to our guns about no bink outside of the crib. I am still not considering this a victory, but we will see what happens tomorrow. Our children are much smarter than we know... and it scares me.


4 comments:
You're setting the new guidelines, and your little employee will adjust. =)
Good job. I don't look forward to this situation with our own binky lover.
hahahahahahahahahaaaa! That Mason is my hero.
That story is funny. I have had a rough day so that made me laugh. It is funny how smart they really are and we don't even realize it.
Oh my, what a funny story! I wish you luck and courage to hold strong. How can they be so cute and challenging at the same time?
Post a Comment