Sooooo, I joined Weight Watchers with my friend Lizzy back in September. You might be asking yourself why I haven't blogged about this until now. Simple: Fear of failure! I have been up and down with my weight since my late 20's... when happy hour caught up to my arse, in a big, big way. I never had to worry about this in high school, or in my early 20's, so it caught me by surprise. What do you mean I can't have beer and spinach dip every night after work and not stay thin?? I was never very athletic, as that takes discipline and coordination. I belonged to a gym, and I still didn't understand why going once, every other week, simply was not enough?
Well, when I met Mike in 2004, I had managed to get myself to a reasonable weight of 130. I had these Gap jeans... ooh, my favorite Gap jeans, that I wore on our 2nd date. Well, after one summer of dating, consisting of numerous beer and pizza dinners, pancake breakfasts, and several lattes.... Those jeans hadn't seen the light of day in quite some time.
When I got pregnant with Mason I was, very unhappily, at 148 lbs. Yeah, 148 at 5'1. And, I put on 35 pounds while pregnant. I seriously ate whatever I wanted, as I assumed that I would lose it all, and then some, while breastfeeding. I did lose what I gained, but chose to use those extra calories burned on things such as ice cream and thai food.
Long story short... I have really been wanting to feel good again, and not feel winded every time I chase after my little sweetpea.
So, I joined WW at 140 lbs (after losing 8 by going Gluten free). I am happy to report that I am now 129, and can fit back into my infamous Gap jeans, and numerous other articles of clothing that I simply couldn't bear to part with over the years! So, Gap jeans were my first goal... now for the 2nd: to weigh what my Driver's License says I do! Thanks to Lizzy for convincing me to join. Lizzy is a new Momma and is looking H-O-T!
I am also posting my New Year's Resolution now: Running in 5k's again, running a 10k and doing another sprint triathalon. I have done these all before... time to get into ass kicking shape.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


6 comments:
I am so proud of you!! I'll do runs with you, BTW. We need to get together asap. It's been too long, lady. I would say walk tomorrow but the "snow" forecasts have me wanting to stay home :)
xoxo
I barely want to go outside! Too cold.
I would like to try and do the waterfront, seems like a good start, eh?
xoxoxo
Your last WW post seriously made me get back into the groove. I also learned at the last meeting that I had to adjust my points DOWN by 3 points :(
Wow... good job!
That is awesome! You are inspiring me. I am losing what I gained from pregnant, but was not at my desired weight when I got preggers. Need to especially start the exercise.
That is awesome. When I saw you I thought you looked great but if you think you needed to lose weight, then thats great that you did. Men should understand why we have so many jeans. The "I will fit in those someday jean" the "now jean" and the "in the future jean". Once your our age we are all trying to get into the fit in someday jean!
You are a rock star!!! Wow!!! Great job! I LOVE weight watchers! I need to get back on the wagon!
Post a Comment