Sunday, June 7, 2009
Why does my child hate everything right now?
Eating~ hates it. Sitting in his high chair~ hates it. Getting his fingernails clipped~ hates it. Getting his diaper changed~ hates it. Where, oh where, has my sweet, darling Mason gone? He still appears, giving me hugs, kisses, smiles, enough to keep me from losing my mind, apparently. Is this a phase? A sign of worse things to come? I do not know. He once used to calmly sit in his high chair and clear his plate. Now, he looks at every item in disgust and throws it on the floor. I'll admit, I found this humorous at first...... *Sigh*
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
Oh Karri, I am so sorry =) Welcome to the toddler years! I feel your pain as I am too going through the same with miss Avery, my easiest baby till now =) I think I had repressed what it was like with the other two, but now my memory is coming back to me, ha ha! I can tell you to just try and take deep breaths and be consistent and give lots of love through the frustration as this time will too pass too quickly. It is a hard stage but also very rewarding as they will grow and learn so much during this time and I have learned to try and soak up as much of it as possible because you will eventually look back and miss it =) I know, hard to think about that now! You are a great mommy and he and you will learn a lot about each other! Hang in there =)
omg! T's the same way about different things too!
Luckily, most of it is hysterical.... but there are times when I just don't know what to do with him! The drama! Jen, I don't know where he gets this from?? :) Thanks for making me feel normal, at least. My biggest fear was that it was something I was doing and that he is the only child acting this way.....
Katie has been that way from the day she was born. *sigh* I hope Mason's "phase" is gone in a flash! :)
Post a Comment