I found this book while I was pregnant: www.deceptivelydelicious.comI tried the spaghetti recipe, but Mike wasn't too impressed, so I've yet to try anything else (mainly because I had forgotten about the book!)
Well, we are having an increasingly hard time getting our little Mason to eat vegetables. He wants nothing to do with them, which stresses me out on a daily basis. So, I dug out the book and tried this recipe today. Absolutely yummy!! I think I'll try it with raisins next time.
Chocolate Chip Cookies (with chickpeas... also known as garbonzo, which took me 15 minutes in the bean aisle to figure out)
Nonstick cooking spray
1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
3/4 cup softened butter
2 large egg whites
2 tsp vanilla
1 15 oz can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
2 cups (12 oz) chocolate chips ( I used gluten free, not too shabby!)
2 cups all purpose flour (again, I used gluten free, and they turned out nummy!)
1/2 cup old fashioned oats (this is getting old, but I used Bob's Red Mill gluten free oats: www.bobsredmill.com
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 350
- Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray
- In large mixing bowl (Kitchenaid mixer works awesome), beat sugar and butter on medium until smooth
- Beat in the egg whites and vanilla. Then add chickpeas.
- Add flour, oats, baking soda and salt and mix on low speed until a thick dough forms. Add chocolate chips, or raisins, whichever you'd like
- Drop tablespoon of dough onto baking sheet, and flatten with a fork. Bake until cookies are golden brown and just set, about 11-13 minutes. Transfer to rack for cooling!
The only beef that I have with this book is that she apparently blatantly stole this idea from another author, but due to her connections (being married to Jerry Seinfeld), she was able to publish and market it at a whole different level. I didn't learn this until after I'd purchased it. I guess it pays to be married to Jerry!


1 comment:
Another good way to get good food into your boy via yummy recipes is through raw food desserts. They are usually made with no sugar or flour, but with nuts, dates, cacao, etc. I haven't tried any of them yet, but there are several raw food brownie recipes "out there" that sound yummy.
Post a Comment