Friday, March 19, 2010

Apparently I can't shut up today....

We are also on day 2 of binkie weaning...... I finally understand why you need crazy amounts of willpower to be a successful parent. It is SO easy to just give him the darn thing and enjoy the silence. I love my baby, but I could do without the whining "uh-uh, uh-uh, uh-uh, uh-uh". How am I supposed to know what that means?? Well, we have discovered that usually it meant "BINK".
I am comparing this to an adult trying to quit smoking. Seriously irritable when going without, it's all he thinks about, and food is about the only thing to distract him. Let's hope he doesn't gain 10 pounds before we're through.....

1 comment:

Lo said...

Hang in there. Being a parent is tough. He will thank you when he is 16 and doesn't have to have a binky to go to sleep.