Monday, March 22, 2010

I like to be irresponsible sometimes....

About once a quarter, I have a yearning for a night out with friends, usually involving too much vino. I should give up the vino altogether, as it hates my body, but I just can't seem to kick it. Wow, spoken like an alcoholic?

For the 6 years that Michael and I have been together, this has been a regular occurrence, with the exception of pregnancy, and the first year (and then some) of Mason's life. But, I find myself yearning once again.....

Until recently, I felt extremely guilty about this. I felt like this is something that should have been left behind with singlehood. I should grow out of it. But then I really started thinking about it, and what it involves. I associate it with being single, because that's about all I did BM (before Mike!) But now, I don't want to go out for the same reasons that I did before. I just want to be surrounded by fun friends, get my dance on, and most likely, have a decent hangover for a good part of the next day. I have read that one key to a successful marriage is to remain true to yourself, and to keep your own identity. I am, from here on out, not going to feel guilty about this need. It's good for the soul, good for the marriage, and good for mommyhood. Just bad for the liver. And as long as my hubby is willing to put up with his lush for a wife, it's all good.

3 comments:

Blair Oman said...

"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." {Ferris
Bueller}

Go have some fun!!

Xo,
B

The Boyds said...

That Ferris Bueller sure knows what he's talking about!

Lo said...

You should not feel guilty. Go have fun!! You deserve it.