When Michael and I got married I joined the MAC club with him. He has been a member since birth, practically. I wasn't completely wild about the idea at first, because I pretty much fight anything and everything that forces me into a "box". The MAC is all about being "inside the box". They have rules, rules, and more rules. No flip flops in the lobby. No cell phones in the lobby. No athletic attire in certain elevators. It is what you would refer to as an "old boys club". This used to infuriate me. Mainly because I always, always found myself in the wrong damn elevator in, you guessed it, athletic attire- getting dirty looks from one of the 'ol boys.
But, I've decided if you can't beat 'em, join 'em. After I got over the sticker shock of paying to take Mason to their daycare, I went to my 2nd pilates class today. After having my gall bladder removed, and a c-section, my abs are pretty much WORTHLESS. So, time to get them into a less flabby form. Wow.... the instructor doesn't sit by and watch you fumble around and make an arse of yourself, she trots right over and makes you do it until you get it right. Ensuring that you will be sore for days.......... I am determined to catch up to the 65 old woman who has tighter abs than I've ever had in my life......
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
Atta girl!! Keep it up, you're inspiring me :D
And, you'll get those abs in shape just in time to get pregnant...Murphy's Law I'm sure.
I hate those 65 year olds with amazing bodies. Seriously. Can you say "complex"??
Good for you! I am excited to start getting this giant belly back into some sort of shape. Hell, I'd settle for just being able to walk without it looking like waddling! You're going to be tight and toned in no time -- Go Karri!!
You go, girl... I'm a bit jealous. No clubs out here in the boonies! :)
Dude, we are totally surgery sisters! I, too, have had the double-whammy of gall bladder removal and c-section. I cannot raise myself from a laying-down position with simply my abdominals anymore. So sad... it's like they just went away1
Post a Comment