Friday, March 19, 2010

Running!

Ready.... Set..... Go! I love the start of 5k season here in Portland. The first of many runs this summer was the Shamrock.... always a good time. I ran it with my buds Mike & Bryan (they have twin girls just 10 days younger than Mason). Bryan whooped us, but Mike and I did run the whole thing, and weren't overly ashamed by our times :) I am a treadmill runner, so I have really been trying to embrace the outdoors. Problem is, I have running ADD. I love treadmill running because I can watch TV, the people around me, go pee if I need to, take a drink of fresh water.... you get my point. Also, I don't exactly "love" running. I do it mostly for weight loss purposes. I have my 15 year class reunion in June (Yeah, don't really want to go looking like a loaf of bread), and we are going to Mexico in October. Swimsuit motivation can do crazy things to a person.

Anyhow, I can see the attraction of running outdoors.... fresh air, anyone? And, I do have one of those awesome BOB jogging strollers. It has seen many walks, but only a few runs.
Next up...... 8k Bridge to Brews. Yep, upping the anty to the 8k. I know that I can run a 5k, and have been for 4 years. Time to step it up. Especially while those darn Cadbury eggs are gracing the shelves of every.single.store imaginable.

1 comment:

K Schimmy said...

Oh, Karri... the Creme Eggs. I KNOW.